- Crucible Staff -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Bartender
- occupation -

The establishment had been a sort of gift from Seneca. The man had more money than he knew what to do with, opposed to Remus who was living off of scraps and whatever he could manage to gather in his travels previously. Mr Crane had bought up the Magnolia Tavern as a new investment and left the management in the hands of Remus. The man was an interesting pick to say the least. He was a drinker on his own but then that wasn't too bad of a deal. He could drink with his customers, and with his metabolism getting drunk was impossible. He could bar tend unhindered by how much he had drank and how much he planned to drink. It may have been pricey, but Seneca felt he owed the man a little something. After all, he had gotten him into the outcast situation he had back home. So Remus was given a tavern to run for the lovely people of Witchwood and the honorable Royal Navy.

There were a host of offerings in the place, and Remus had become accustomed to talking to customers. What they needed, what he could and couldn't do, but most of all listening to their stories. The drinking sort liked to talk, so Remus a man of few words could simply listen. Pass over some drinks, sit and listen for a while, then move on to the next. It was a pattern, routine. He made himself busy with experimenting in less busy of moments. Creating new mixed drinks like they had back home had not been quite as easy as he was used to. Nor was it the desire of most of the military men who entered the place. But many of the displaced wanted such drinks and so he would figure out how to do it. This whole thing was learning, and as the only drinking establishment on the island they were certainly bringing in the business. Everyone in Albion loved a drink.

Currently Remus was wiping down the bar quietly during a lull in the activity. Keeping the place as clean as he could helped the experience. This wasn't some bandit bar, wasn't a pirate bar, it had to have at least some bit of class to it. He glanced up to notice an individual at the bar and quickly put the cloth away that he had been using. He couldn't let anyone sit around without actually offering a drink or so. Mr Antony was in a mood today too, and he came down the bar quietly at that. Carefully he reached and grabbed a glass. The man looked to the row of bottles he had, his free hand reaching to maybe grab something as he seemed to consider what he was going to grab. He gave a sideways glanced toward the individual at the bar, seeming to think for a second longer.

"You know, I'm not sure what I want. It's quiet and I have time, but I just can't make up my mind on what to drink. Have any suggestions?" The almost-human asked, turning around to look at the person he had yet to serve, tilting his head with an innocent question to his expression. He assumed that if they were at his bar they wanted a drink, but he wasn't in a mood for straight up asking. He was bored out of his mind.

TAG; OPEN || OOC; For anyone who feels like a drink at this little tavern.
TOM HARDY MADE ME THIS BRACELET

--------------------
user posted image
Brutus, Seneca's Canine Muttation Pet. He is larger than domestic dogs.
PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 10:00 AM
- Criminals -
I am the monster that parents tell their children about at night.
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
No Occupation
- occupation -

i solemnly swear I am up to no good

What a day it had been. Upon leaving Barton-- a feat that in itself was remarkable, at least without several arrows caught in his skin-- he just focused his attention on walking, trying to keep his mind on putting one foot in front of the other, and on his surroundings should he need to fight something off. One could never tell in this place.

However, that proved to be dreadfully boring, and Loki couldn't help but think about that odd conversation they'd had. He wasn't quite sure what to think or feel about it, or how their relationship stood. However, he did know that Clint was taking a huge chance on him. Had their roles been reversed, there was no way that Loki would have simply let him walk away.

It was baffling. Simply mind-boggling. And, though he would never, ever admit it he had to respect him. Just a little bit.

Alright, perhaps more than just a little bit... Barton, puny mortal that he was, had managed to both bounce back and, somehow, forgive Loki for what he'd done. Whereas Loki-- a supposed god-- was stuck in the past. And the more he thought about the past, the more bitter and miserable he felt.

It didn't make any sense at all. None of it did, from the beginning to the end. If Loki could have died while falling off the Bifröst, he would go back and do it again. Or maybe he should have just never been picked up in the temple, never existed. Just as his father had wanted for him. It would have saved everyone-- himself included-- a good deal of trouble.

With these depressive thoughts in his mind, he came upon one of the mortals' drinking-places. Loki wasn't much for drink, it had never ended too well. But this was mortal brew. He most likely could drink without feeling the adverse effects of it-- such as the need to insult everyone in the room.

So, he went inside, running a hand over his dark hair, and settled himself down on one of the stools. Was this a good idea? Probably not. Was he even going to like the drinks at this place? It wasn't likely. Was he going to drown himself in alcohol as so many did when they were miserable in an attempt to distance themselves from their problems despite that? Certainly.

It took a moment for the god to realize that the man to one side was actually talking to him. When he did, he looked up, ran his words through his mind, and shook his head. "No, I honestly have no idea. I'm not much of a drinker myself."

That would probably be a better option than stating that he had no idea what any of these mortal drinks were, exactly.

BY MITZI
PM
^
Remus Antony
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 12:52 PM
- Crucible Staff -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Bartender
- occupation -

Remus stopped his search of his bottle stock, looking back toward the man at his answer. He gave a raised brow and turned around fully to look over the man. "Not much of a drinker?" He asked skeptically, for a moment remaining still with his hands leaned on the bar. That was an interesting statement to make in such an establishment. Particularly to a man who made it his goal to give everyone a good time, which generally included getting them drunk and ending up taking them to the inn next door after closing. But he was used to people who knew what they wanted. Or at least had a preference of types of drinks. This man could either be super fun, or could be the pickiest customer that Remus had seen in quite some time.

"Well, if you're open for some suggestions, I've been serving drinks here for quite some time. I'll find something good enough for even a non-drinker." Remus gave a smirk at the idea of that challenge. If anyone could find a drink for this man it was Remus. No matter how resistant he might be or even how easily he might get drunk. The dark haired bartender turned around and grabbed a couple of clean glasses he set on the counter. "First try is free on me." He promised the man before he could even worry about payment. If he even would, some here seemed not to realize that they might even be asked for any amount of gold for the drinks. Those were the most difficult really. He could handle the drunks, but he hated to be cheated out of his pay.

The less than human bar owner grabbed a couple of different bottles, pouring a different kind into each of the three glasses. A portion that was enough to try out without being too much for Remus to just hand out. He didn't know if this customer would be a fall over drunk or not, after all. "I'd really only suggest trying this last one if you are up for a challenge." Remus commented with a sharp toothed grin as he passed the three toward the new customer. His own definition of a strong drink was a bit fuzzy. As Remus never found that intoxicated state that he saw his customers in. But he'd watched the stuff take hardened navy men into a drunken stupor so much that he simply let them sleep here. That was after more than one of course, but the drink was likely not what he was expecting.

Still he poured some of the strong liquid into his own glass, drinking it much like it was simply water rather than Albion's best intoxicant.

TAG; Loki || OOC; Two guys who can't get drunk meet in a bar... lol
TOM HARDY MADE ME THIS BRACELET

--------------------
user posted image
Brutus, Seneca's Canine Muttation Pet. He is larger than domestic dogs.
PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 12:51 PM
- Criminals -
I am the monster that parents tell their children about at night.
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
No Occupation
- occupation -

i solemnly swear I am up to no good

Loki shook his head. "No, most of the time I don't drink," he affirmed, "But I've decided that desperate times call for desperate measures." He sensed that the man was a little bewildered, and thought his response odd, but there was a first time for everything, wasn't there?

He quirked a tense smile at the man's offer and dipped his head, accepting it, then carefully watched as he poured the drinks. "Very well, I'll keep that in mind," he agreed with a nod, though he most certainly would be taking that last one-- it could be the only one that had any chance at all of making him drunk.

Loki took the first of the glasses and held it up, considering it as if having a telepathic debate with the liquid inside, before daintily lifting it to his lips and taking a sip. He didn't get much of a taste, so he drank down the rest. His nose wrinkled slightly. The bite of alcohol was there, but the lack of flavor wasn't something he appreciated.

He moved on to the next one, and repeated the odd ritual. As he went down the line, it seemed that none of them seemed to reach his standards-- and he didn't seem tipsy in the slightest. For someone that never drank, it was odd. Of course, he was a god, and if not that, at least a very superior being.

At the final one, the 'challenge' he raised his eyebrows before downing it, squinting one eye as the liquid burned his throat a little, and then looked toward the man who'd given him the drinks. "Is this really all you have?" he asked.

BY MITZI

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black