Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

If We're Lost Then We Are Lost Together
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 10:43 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

Just a couple hours ride out of Bowerstone, Natasha stopped at a creek to water the horse and give it a rest. She wasn't driving the animal hard, as one only needed to go fast when they knew where they were going, and were entirely certain they weren't walking into a trap. She wasn't certain about either of these. Loki wasn't exactly the most trustworthy source of information, but in this case she had to question why he would lie? It would have been a big gamble to assume that Clint was also in this land, and that she hadn't met up with him yet, and Loki wasn't an idiot. For all he knew Clint wasn't even here, or he and Natasha were here together, but he had banked on her not knowing where Clint was, so it added a note of truth to his story.

Still, she couldn't be too careful, nor could she be certain that Clint hadn't moved on already, so riding hard would only make her look suspicious to anyone she might encounter, and might cause her to miss a clue on the way.

Dismounting, she crouched by the creek bed to refill her flask of water and to take a drink herself. Removing the hat that she used to help conceal her femininity, she ran her wet hands back through her hair, the water cool against her warm scalp. The sun was just getting high and the day warming up, and the heavy breeches and coat she wore would soon be less than comfortable. Fortunately she had been through much worse circumstances and besides and annoyance it would do little else to bother her.

Of course it didn't hurt to have her mind occupied with other thoughts. Clint and his whereabouts where of course her only focus. If Loki had lied to her she would find some way to separate him from his lying tongue.

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: it begins...

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 12:32 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
I never opened myself this way, life is ours, we live it our way, all these words I don't just say, and nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new, open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. Never cared for what they say, never cared for games they play, never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know, and I know! So close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
He was tired, but he wasn't going to admit it. The night he had spent at Mourningwood Fort had been a long one between trying to riddle out the mess in his head that he'd been ignoring basically since he had been dropped into Albion and releasing a few arrows into the restless undead.

Backtracking to Bowerstone was a journey that felt like it was going to take a lifetime, alone with his lightened quiver across his back and his bow in hand. The only things to keep him company were the thoughts in his head and the light crunch of the dirt under his boots.

Sometimes, silence helped him clear his head. Others? Others it was just maddening. At least a few times, he'd found himself reaching for his aids, checking that they were on, that they were still working. It'd be an issue if they weren't here... It wasn't exactly like he had the SHIELD med bay to swing by and consult or Stark's labs to disappear to to tinker on them for a while.

He'd been on his own before, but nothing had ever quite felt like this. Usually, "alone" happened to simply mean that him and his best friend, no.., the woman he loved, were purely just a couple thousand miles apart, a phone call or a message away for the familiar comfort of a friendly voice that didn't bring constant orders and demands for status reports.

It had never meant literal words apart. It had never meant that he had no way to reach out to the only person he had left in the world that he trusted without a sliver of doubt in his veins, the one person he knew he could count on to hold him up when he tripped and fell flat on his face.

And that had been a painful realization to swallow. Yes, there had been times where they couldn't talk because they were spies and soldiers, always fighting a war, and that meant that sometimes contact would have put them at risk, could have blown an operation entirely... But there was always coming home.

But where was home here? Where could home possibly be for a man who had never found home in a place, but always a person?

One of the people he'd considered that to be in was dead by several years now and the other was just...

Clint set his jaw, drawing in a deep breath quietly. As far as he knew, she wasn't here. She wasn't anywhere he could find her, and he nowhere where she could find him.

What the fuck had he done to her..?

He shifted the strap on his shoulder, shuffling his bow to his other hand as he brought his now-free one up to rub softly at the back of his neck. Hell, he didn't even really have a place to call home here yet. He'd moved from job to job as he could apply his skills, spent what he did make on keeping up with his weaponry, on supplies, on the occasional boarding when he was in a town that offered such services... Otherwise, he'd kept the spare money. It bothered him that it troubled him.

Barney and him had spent much of their childhood in a travelling circus. Moving as work required had basically been his life since they'd run when he was eight. It'd been that way with SHIELD, after all. It had just been mission to mission with the same employer instead of job to job.

The sight of a horse and rider at the water's edge was hardly enough to really pull him out of his thoughts. He knew where he intended to go and he had no desire to make small talk with any other travelers. Unless someone wanted to offer him a job or needed the help of someone who had some capabilities with weaponry, he had no reason to stop.

A horse was a good idea though... With all of the damn traveling he did, it'd be an investment that would be worth it. Not that he really minded the fact that the high amount of travel was an easy way to stay fit without having to really put in too much extra effort, but it sure as hell got exhausting pretty damn fast and it limited what he could really do.

At least until he noticed the familiar color of those red locks. It had tripped him once before, so his head thankfully refrained from any soaring hopes, but it was still enough to finally jolt him out of his own head.

He knew he was still looking, even if he had no way of being sure she had actually wound up here. The pain of realizing he may never see her again that had hit him at the Fort was still a very fresh memory...

He really shouldn't stare. And stopping for a drink really wasn't a bad idea.

With that decided, the archer made his detour from his path and started for the edge of the water, clearing his throat softly when there was still some distance between him and the horse and rider duo just so he didn't startle either.

Damn him if that look wasn't so goddamn familiar...

hold me when i'm scared
and love me when i'm gone
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 01:07 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

The horse fidgeted and Natasha looked over to see the direction it was looking. She had won the creature off a rather drunk man in a game of cards and had almost gotten into a bar brawl over it, but ultimately the man had been too drunk to even stand, let alone fight. Not that she couldn't have taken him, but it wouldn't have helped her cover at all to beat down someone over twice her weight.

Patting the horse's nose, she was about to turn to look behind her when she heard the cough and shuffling of feet. Someone making their presence known, so not trying to sneak up on her. It was too late now to replace her hat and even attempt the male act, so she stood slowly and turned to face him.

To face him.

“Clint?”

She could barely believe her eyes. It wasn't heatstroke, not some vision; if it were why would she imagine him in the strange clothing of the land instead of his own? No, it was him, in the flesh, standing before her. Loki hadn't been lying.

And now that she had found him, after all this time, she was at a complete loss. It was too easy, her life was never this easy.

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: babies

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 01:24 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
I never opened myself this way, life is ours, we live it our way, all these words I don't just say, and nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new, open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. Never cared for what they say, never cared for games they play, never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know, and I know! So close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
Was he holding his breath? Just a little, but he didn't dare to think too hard on it, fighting to keep his features neutral. It'd be hell to try to explain if she wasn't-

Then she turned to face him. Her. Her red hair. Her emerald green eyes that he would never forget. Her familiar tones.

For a moment, all he could do was stand there and stare back, frozen, stunned. "Tasha..? He narrowly heard the soft nickname slip past his lips.

He was tired, sure, but this was... This was real.

"Tasha!" It was almost a yelp this time. He had the space between them closed in less than a few seconds, throwing is arms tightly around her shoulders.

Contact. Real, physical contact.

His eyes closed tightly, one of his hands slipping up to bury in her red locks. He had, indeed, been holding his breath, and it finally slipped freely from his lips as nothing short of a relieved sigh.

He'd found her. He'd actually fucking found her... She'd been brought here, same as he was.

He tore himself away after several long moments, but only far enough back that he could frame her face with both of his hands and lock his gray eyes with hers. He still almost couldn't believe it, but her skin was warm against his, her red hair soft against his hands when they brushed through it or past it...

Most importantly, there was light in those green eyes.

A short breath left him. He was smiling. He was...

His features softened further, his smile slipping just slightly. His hands slipped down to rest gently against her shoulders, her upper arms...

He swallowed somewhat hard. "I almost thought I'd never see you again..." The words were so soft, so quiet, just loud enough to be heard between them. And it scared the living Hell out of me...

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 01:51 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

His voice, that name, the nickname only he called her... it cut through her, shattering any defences she might have tried to pull up. But it was nothing compared to what followed when she suddenly found herself wrapped tightly in his arms. It was really him, he was really here. She wound her own arms around his back and buried her face against his shoulder, as close to clinging to him as she ever got.

For five weeks she had fretted, bouncing back and forth between thinking someone must have taken him, and that he had chosen to leave. Chosen to leave her. For five weeks she had run on autopilot when it came to basic human needs like food and sleep, and had committed every waking moment to trying to figure out how to get him back.

For five weeks she had wondered if she'd ever see him again.

Then she had been brought here, and she had been given hope again, hope that she would find him, hope that he hadn't run away from her, that she hadn't been the cause. And here he was, brought here against his will, just like her. Here he was holding her and running his fingers through her hair and god she never wanted to let him go.

Too soon, though, he pulled back, but only far enough to look at her, his hands warm on her cheeks. She was always good at hiding her emotions, but right now she didn't even try. Her expression was one of complete relief and gratitude, though dammit she was not going to cry. She had to draw the line somewhere, even though it was difficult with him smiling at her like that, looking so damn happy to see her.

Moving her hands to grasp at either side of his shirt, she held his gaze, his words striking directly to her heart. “You really think I'd let you get away that easily?” she replied, and he would know what that meant, would know how hard she had looked for him.

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: my heart
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 02:13 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
This was real, it was actually happening. He had barely been keeping track of the days since he'd been brought here. Days blurred to weeks too easily when his only direction had been moving from job to job to survive because it was his basic instinct.

And it was what she would have wanted him to do.

He really didn't want to let go, never wanted to let this moment end. The weeks that had passed since that night and his being pulled into this realm had been a silent hell that he'd refused to let anyone else really see. Loki had chipped at him when they'd run into each other in Mistpeak, but other than those very minor slips, he'd kept it all to his own head.

And even then, the god of lies hadn't really seen what had truthfully been crawling under his skin this time. There had been no tricks and no mind games this time. But none of that mattered right now.

Right now, all that mattered was her, them.

A soft breath of a chuckle broke his lips at her words and he found himself letting his forehead rest against hers.

"I hope not," he murmured softly, allowing himself to slip into Russian, his soft smile widening a bit.

Finally, he could be home again.

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 08:06 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

His laugh, no matter how faint, was like a balm, and the weeks of hell she had been through melted away. He hadn't left her, he hadn't chosen to leave after their last conversation; he had been taken and unable to get back to her. Now that she was here, though, he was so happy to see her she barely knew how to accept it. Most people were never happy to see her as her presence usually meant something bad for them.

Thinking of their last conversation, Natasha was grateful when he broke the eye contact, resting his forehead against hers. She closed her eyes, letting all her emotions wash over her. After all this time looking for him her resolve had weakened, and having everything so right in this moment, maybe it wasn't too late to just move on and pretend nothing had happened. There were at least more important things to discuss for a while as they figured out a plan for this whole situation.

She could hear the smile in his voice when he spoke. His Russian accent was actually pretty decent for an American, and the soft words on his tongue like music. Lifting one hand from its place on his side, she touched his cheek, her fingertips gliding over the stubble of several days. Pulling back, she scrutinized his appearance. His face was scruffy and his hair lacked it's precise peak with no gel to tame it into place. She couldn't resist running her fingers through it, finding it soft despite the dust. “You could use a shave,” she remarked, smiling fondly. She could only see his face and neck, but she didn't note any new scars there at least.

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 08:28 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
It was naturally rare in their lives that everything went right like it was in this exact moment. What were the chances that she'd be pulled her as well? Even more astronomically stacked against them were the odds that they'd both end up on the same road, starting as two strangers just passing on the path to two different places...

He could feel it deep in him: the near-desire to say more, to do more, to make good on words he'd said that weighed heavy on his mind that night in Mourningwood, and yet to do so would be breaking a promise. Clint Barton had never made his promises lightly to Natasha Romanoff. She, of all people, was the one that he would do a hell of a lot for to avoid breaking the promises he'd made to her.

But those were technically just words and it did little to nothing to soothe that desire to press a kiss to her temple, to promise he was alright, especially not with her added touch.

It took an amount of effort to hide such a thing from showing in his expression, but he managed to pull it off as he smiled softly, his eyes closing again just for a fraction of a second as her hand ran back through his hair. His smile broadened a bit at her words. "I've been going where the work is," he said, "It's kept me busy, and definitely moving."

He gave a soft nod to the horse behind her. "Who's your new friend?" The beginnings of a slight smirk quirked up the one corner of his lips, "With how much I've been moving, one would've thought I would've invested in one by now. Sure as hell would've made the cross-country trip a little easier."

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 09:31 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

This was ridiculous. Natasha was never the affectionate type, mostly only letting people in her personal space when necessary, but right now she couldn't seem to stop touching Clint. Maybe she was still reassuring herself that he was here, that this was real. It all just seemed to easy, and that was something her life had never been. She had expected it would take her weeks to find him, but one tip from Loki and here he was. She would almost be suspicious of magic or mind games, but she knew Clint better than anyone. This was him. This was real.

His smile was infectious, and she couldn't seem to stop smiling herself, something else that was certainly odd for Natasha Romanoff.

“A job that requires moving around, huh? Let me guess... traveling salesman?” she teased. Only when he gestured to her horse did she finally step back, finally break all contact. She missed it instantly. “This is my prize. I won him,” she replied, gently stroking the beast's nose. She hadn't really thought about it, she had only had the animal for a day, but it only took her a second to realise that she hadn't named the creature, and that Clint would rectify that immediately when he found out. “One would have thought,” she agreed, wondering why he hadn't. She hoped it had just hadn't occurred to him for some reason, or that he had felt his money better spent in other ways, not that this was some form of self punishment. All she knew was that she was grateful he hadn't. If he'd had a means of transportation beyond his feet then she might have never found him.

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 12:50 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
His eyes narrowed playfully at her tease and he gave a soft, indignant huff. "If that was so, then I'd be out of business considering that the only things I've got on me are nothing I'd like to sell," he shot back. That little smirk finally fully took over his features.

And it was still too soon that she finally took that last step back, but his smile still held. This was only the beginning. There were a hundred different things on his mind that he could say, but the time wasn't right.

Hell, was it ever..?

"He's a beauty," he conceded, stepping over to run his hand gently up and down the horse's neck.

He looked back over at her with a nod when she returned the favor, still smiling. "Dunno why it never crossed my mind," he admitted with a soft shrug of his shoulders. "I've been more so keeping what I've got. With life always on the move..? Well, you learn fast to keep what you can. Just because you need work doesn't mean it's always gonna be there."

There were, however, some things on his mind that could be posed. "How long have you been here..?"

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 01:30 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

It was so good to have him back, really bad. Not just physically, but this was the Clint she remembered, the one she could tease and joke around with, not the broken shell Loki had left behind. God, she had missed him.

“Mmm,” she answered thoughtfully, looking him up and down. “But I bet you'd have a lot of interested customers in what you do have,” she couldn't resist replying any more than she could hold back a laugh. How long had it been since she had laughed? It was as if a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders, one she had been burdened with for months. She felt free and happy and...

How was it possible that she felt more at home in some world she didn't know than she had the past few months in her own?

“Surprisingly well trained too. No wonder his owner didn't want to let him go.” Though it had been that egotistical drunkard's fault for wagering him in the first place. She continued to affectionately pet the animal, but when Clint stepped up beside her she shifted a half step closer to him, her arm just barely brushing his. “Has it been that difficult?” she asked quietly, studying his face. It didn't sound like he'd had an easy six weeks. As for herself, “A week.” A long, painful week, yet only a week to find him.

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: these two

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 02:09 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
His smirk only widened at her response. "Shut up," he muttered playfully, "I'm not that goddamn desperate, thank you very much!" He laughed.

God, did it ever feel good to be back like this again... Things were not perfect, no, but he wanted this to last while it could. They'd literally just found each other again after... How long? How long had it really been? He really hadn't been the best at keeping count.

He had nodded to her comment, but her question was what finally brought a falter to his expression. "Has it been that difficult?" At first, he tried to recover from the slip, but the effort proved to get him nowhere. He ran his hand again over the horse's soft neck, nodding softly, trouble in his eyes.

Then he shook his head slightly, as if he'd realized what he'd just implied and thought it was incorrect, a bit of a frown deepening into his features and he cleared his throat softly. "I just preferred to play my cards as better safe than sorry... That's all..."

But it wasn't.

It hadn't been "difficult" in the same manner implied by context under which the question had been asked. He had been conscientious of his limited funds, yes, but it hadn't been the financial strain of trying to set up life in a new world, a new life, that had been the real trouble to his mind.

It had been difficult because of everything already on his mind by the time that he got here.

He nodded silently at her answer to his question. A week. He rolled his jaw softly, suddenly very aware of the faint contact of her arm against his. He found himself thinking he wanted to avoid her gaze for the moment, so instead he was focused on the horse, on his hand on its neck. "I haven't exactly been keeping track of the days," he admitted softly.

Did he dare mention his run-in with Loki..? He drew in a deep breath softly, chewing on the inside of his lower lip for a moment. "Loki's here," he said quietly, slowly releasing that breath as a soft sigh. A hint of uncertainty had joined the almost tumultuous display in his eyes. "I just ran into him in Mistpeak... Couldn't have been more than a couple days ago..." She'd been here for a week and he hadn't exactly a way to keep up with the god's movements after they had parted ways, so it was theoretically possible that she may already know he was here.

He shook his head again. "I just... Hell.., I don't know... It was just... strange... And with everything already..." Finally, he looked back over at her, taking her hand in his free one, his gaze briefly dropping to there before he raised it again to her eyes once more. "I'm just really glad I found you again..."

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 01:17 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

As good as it felt to laugh, she thought that hearing him laugh was even better. She had missed him, missed this him, so damn much it had hurt. Now she had him back, the real him, and she could barely bring herself to allow any distance between them, as if she feared she'd lose him again if she didn't keep in direct contact. “Ah, good to know you still have standards.”

Of course she had to go and say the wrong thing, though, and the mirth in his expression faded before her very eyes. She wanted to chase it, to come off with another stupid joke, but it was too late. The moment had passed and they were back to serious business; she tried not too look too disappointed.

Clint seemed to consider her question a little more carefully than she thought it required, and when he spoke she had the feeling he wasn't just speaking about his job situation. What had happened to him here? Or was it the lingering affects left behind by Loki? Of course there was another possibility, that it was their last conversation that weighed so heavily on him, but she preferred not to think about that.

Her gaze shifted to his hand, watching his fingers gentle gliding over the horse's shiny coat. His hands were his weapon, but they could be as careful as they were deadly; it was one of the many things they had in common. At his words Natasha spoke without thinking. “Six weeks,” she said, before kicking herself at how quickly she had answered. If he wondered if she had been looking for him, been thinking about him, then there should be no doubt from that that the answer was yes, every day. Well, it was out now, so might as well be perfectly clear. "You've been gone for six weeks."

The mention of Loki made her whole body stiffen. Even though she had spoke to him, even though she believed he wasn't behind all of this, and he had actually helped her find Clint, she didn't trust him. She didn't trust him and she didn't like him, and any mention of him was likely to cause a bad reaction. “I know,” she answered honestly. Running into Loki not long ago would certainly explain Clint's mood. What it didn't explain was what Loki was up to. Why was he being so truthful? Why had he helped them?

Before she could say anymore suddenly Clint had her hand clasped in his own. He looked at their entwined hands, then back to her eyes, eyes uncharacteristically full of emotion. No matter what else happened, whatever they had to go through, that was the simple truth between them. They were both just so happy to be together again.

“I am too,” she replied softly, giving his hand a squeeze. She even resisted saying it was her that had found him

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: these two

PM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 01:51 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

so hold me when i'm here
right me when i'm wrong
There was so much more that he could say that the possibilities were nearly palpable. He could say that he had no need for standards when there was only one person that would ever meet them because she had made them and that he was standing right next to her, but that would be a very forward move in a situation where he had promised he wouldn't.

He could tell her he was sorry for vanishing without a trace even though there wasn't anything he could've done to change it. That latter fact hadn't changed how he had wished he could've given her some sort of notice that he was going to be alright.

He might not be fine, but he could manage. He could survive. He could be a good soldier because that was his job, the only job he'd really ever known. The name of the game was to survive because everyone was telling you that you couldn't. Not doing so was the equivalent of letting them win and that just wasn't a game plan that he could support.

Oh, don't get him wrong, he knew it was tempting to take the easy way out sometimes... But the things worth living for were worth too much.

Six weeks. It took almost everything he had to avoid nearly choking a bit on the number. Oh, how time had flown by...

He noticed the way she tensed when he mentioned Loki's name, even though their contact had just been light at the moment. "What did Loki do to you?" The question flashed in his mind before he could catch it.

He'd known. He at least had a pretty damn good guess. He thought he did, at any rate, but she hadn't wanted to talk about it and he got that.

The worst hadn't happened and there was no sense at all in crying over milk that hadn't been spilled.

The emotion in her brilliant green eyes provided a sharp contrast to that night. Where he hadn't been able to read a goddamn thing that night, he could read almost everything now. She squeezed his hand and a small smile finally found its way back onto his features.

"So.., where to now?" he asked. "Since there's no SHIELD to order us from one side of the world to the other with a 'this needed done yesterday' time frame to get it done and we've a whole land of monsters and magic..? A belated welcome to Albion to you. It's a little fucked up, but it's just about home. If we ever find Stark, we should ask about his heritage. I hear about this guy named Reaver and I can't help but wonder just how well the two might get along." Then there was a slight smirk.

Hell, it was almost just like back "home," if "home" was still back where they'd come from and not standing there right beside him.

hold me when i'm scared
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 29 2016, 11:43 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

Just like that the mood shifted and all the heavy topics were dropped. They were both glad to be together again, had obviously both missed each other, and that was all that needed to be said, really. They could catch up further later, once they had a plan; Natasha for one wanted to hear about Clint's time here, see if she could gleam any clues as to what this place was and why they were here. She didn't, however, want to talk about how she had spent her six weeks away from him. Maybe she could just focus on the last week if he asked.

It was strange, though, the thought of not having SHIELD to tell them what to do. She always had someone, whether the Red Room or SHIELD, dictating her movements, but here she was... she was free. They could do whatever they wanted, make their own choices, and answer to no one. It was both interesting and terrifying, and she didn't know what to do with that bit of information. Thankfully Clint was back into ramble mode so she had time to recover and think.

“Well, I guess we could go back,” she said, gesturing back towards Bowerstone, though there was a distinct lack of interest in her tone. “Or we could go forward.” She knew what direction Clint had come from and pointed out somewhere between the two. Somewhere new that neither of them had been. “If we're going to figure out who, or what, is behind those portals we may have to explore a little.” There was a certain little spark in her eyes when she said this, and almost childlike anticipation of even the prospect of adventure. Adventure of their own choosing, without any rules or orders to follow. “What do you think? I might even offer you a ride.”

tag: Clint Barton location: Road from Bowerstone notes: she's actually excited

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black