Add Reply
New Poll

Traveling and Tracking, Open in Silverpines
Serana
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 01:16 PM
- Adventurers -
Turns out you don't learn much from just sleeping with something.
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

dark twisted fantasy
turned into reality
This place was honestly creepy. Some forests looked fine in the mist and fog, but these were just... not. It was as though the trees held their breath, watching the woman as she made her way quietly through them, the dense mist concealing who knows what...

Serana wasn't afraid. It would take more than a dark forest to scare her, and the shade-- It was late evening, she was pretty sure-- was welcoming. Whatever twisted fate had dropped her here seemed to have found it amusing to drop her off in the middle of a treeless field at noontime. She'd survive of course, but it wasn't particularly pleasant.

Anyway, that really didn't matter now. Now she'd best keep her eyes open for anything that could be lurking and try to go in a reasonably straight line. Without stars or something to guide her, she knew that it was easy to go in circles. A chill ran down her spine as she walked, the twisted place and the fact that she was alone just making things worse. Alright, so maybe she was a little bit nervous, what of it? She wasn't going to cowardly flee or anything.

She heard a footstep somewhere in the woods-- undeniably, a footstep. She stopped, and then could hear breathing. Oh, how wonderful... Ninety percent sure it wasn't someone friendly, she readied spells for use.

And was attacked, instantly. "Damn!" she yelled, tumbling back as a claw struck him. The creature that attacked her had to be one of those 'balverines' she had heard about. It really seemed familiar to one of Skyrim's werewolves, but she didn't take time to contemplate its appearance before impaling it with an ice spike and quickly backing it up. Another snarl sounded nearby. Dammit, there were two-- at least.

words: enough | tag: open | outfit: here
PM
^
Ben Finn
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 11:53 AM
- Royal Guard -
Oh, misty eye of the mountain below, keep careful watch of my brothers' souls, and should the sky be filled with fire and smoke, keep watching over Durin's sons. If this is to end in fire, then we should all burn together, watch the flames climb high into the night. Calling out, father, oh, stand by and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside. And if we should die tonight, then we should all die together, raise a glass of wine for the last time. Calling out, father, oh, prepare as we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside. Desolation comes upon the sky. Now I see fire inside the mountain. I see fire burning the trees. And I see fire hollowing souls. I see fire, blood in the breeze, and I hope that you remember me.
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Loving Stella Beck
- relationship status -
Captain of the Albion Guard
- occupation -

shadows break the dark and we know they can't be very far
our fate is beckoning, it's beckoning
Fair point, he'd taken his position back up within the Guard, but Ben was still more or less Ben. Patrolling was all well and good, but he still needed a little bit of action. He was in good luck, too, for he lived in Albion.

There was always something to do in Albion.

It was a well-known mantra that balverines were always terrorizing Silverpines. Something was more often than not terrorizing almost every corner of the kingdom. It was the world they lived in and it was basically part of the culture at this point. It was part of what made Heroes so heroic and what gave any of the population that wanted a taste of glory, adventure, and all of that good business a plentiful range of options for attempting to attain it.

So, yes, Ben was out basically looking for trouble. Many didn't like to travel through Silverpines and they had a damn good reason to with the local balverine population. They were right nasty pieces of work even alone. The fact that they came in groups and waves more often than not didn't make matters any better, especially for the unassuming lone traveler who was just trying to make it home or turn a profit on his or her wares.

Was Ben Finn a young man that would probably forever be plagued by his born and bred desire for adventure and sense of wanderlust? Probably. Was he a downright fool?

Some might care to argue that, but, in the matter at hand, no. He wasn't going out looking for trouble with a pocket knife, after all. He had his sword, his rifle, and his pistol: the three good companions any average adventurer needed, considering his lack of that fancy spell casting business. That was Stella's forte, the Hero. A little smirk flitted across his lips at the thought. Oh, it was all in good tease.

Forget about if she argued it, she had done her work to earn that title. It had not been easy, but the road to fame hardly ever was when one started from the ground up.

One thing was for sure though: he couldn't mistake the sounds of growling and snuffling and the heavy pounds of paws against the forest floor. He'd at least better hope he couldn't. Sword in one hand and pistol in the other, Ben started towards the sounds of conflict. If he'd heard right, they'd cornered at least one person and there was likely more than one of them, something that was all the more clearer as he drew closer and he could make out their hideous breathing.

"Hey, you with the drool dripping from your jaw! Yeah, you, ya ugly mutt!" He fired at the second of the pair of balverines present, having a fleeting instance to recognize that the other had already been injured, but not much more. One did not exactly have time to think when fighting these creatures. You kinda just had to go with your instinct and pray to Avo that it'd get you through.

A hideous snarl tore from the creatures throat and it rounded on the captain. Ben grinned. "That's a face not even your mother could love, pal," he quipped, giving his sword a light twirl. There was another threatening growl as the balverine slunk forward, beady, almost glassy-looking eyes trained on Ben, snarling and showing it's hideous set of long, knife-like teeth.

Game on.

notes: ben, just don't run your trap too much, you lovable dork xD
we're coming after you, nowhere to run
we're coming after you, this is the hunt
PMEmail
^
Serana
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 10:35 AM
- Adventurers -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

dark twisted fantasy
turned into reality
Ungh, she hated these creatures... They were almost as bad as the Draugar in that damn crypt. They made the hair on the back of her neck bristle and shivers run down her spine. Whoever thought that vampires enjoyed creepy things had clearly only met her father. Serana herself preferred not.

Still... a dead creepy wolfman was better than one that was alive. And stealth attacks were better than straight-on attacks. She ducked down after launching a projectile into the throat of one of the pack, and a cloud of shadows enveloped her for a moment while she made her way behind them. She drew out her dagger and leapt onto one's back, driving it down into his skull as the shadows cleared and revealed her-- the spell didn't hold up well for very long.

Thank goodness these things died fairly easily... thought just as a set of claws struck her and tossed her halfway across the clearing.

Flying wasn't fun, especially like that. Thankfully, she had quick reflexes and managed to roll out of the way while casting a drain spell. But now someone else had joined the fight. With two of them, the creatures were quickly taken care of, and Serana regarded the other with a bit of appraisal.

"That wasn't bad," she nodded.

PM
^
Ben Finn
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 11:53 AM
- Royal Guard -
Oh, misty eye of the mountain below, keep careful watch of my brothers' souls, and should the sky be filled with fire and smoke, keep watching over Durin's sons. If this is to end in fire, then we should all burn together, watch the flames climb high into the night. Calling out, father, oh, stand by and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside. And if we should die tonight, then we should all die together, raise a glass of wine for the last time. Calling out, father, oh, prepare as we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside. Desolation comes upon the sky. Now I see fire inside the mountain. I see fire burning the trees. And I see fire hollowing souls. I see fire, blood in the breeze, and I hope that you remember me.
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Loving Stella Beck
- relationship status -
- occupation -

Fighting balverines was not exactly the funnest of fights out there. They came in groups and taking on even just one was an absolute pain in the ass. They weren't his most hated enemies though. The creature that still held the spot of the kind of creature Ben Finn hated fighting the most had to go to trolls.

Hands down, they were the absolute worst. Balverines were nearly comparable to a peaceful walk along the docks compared to how taxing fighting trolls could be. They were never easy to fight. Never. It didn't matter what you had, magic, the best weapons Albion could produce...

Doing a bit of dancing trying to avoid balverine claws and teeth? It wasn't usually pleasant, but it was usually a bit easier to bear, assuming you were half-decent on your feet. You needed to be quick to get around these things.

With two of them pulling the load, however, it was a bit easier than it typically was. It wasn't unusual to run into a pack of the bastards while alone when one liked to travel, after all.

Finishing off the final balverine and yanking his sword back out of its chest, he brushed his free hand back through his hair to clear a few stray strands out of his eyes and looked towards the person that had been targeted by the pack in the first place, finally having time to really assess her.

He returned the nod. "I've seen worse," he agreed. He brushed some of the blood from his blade by wiping it against the fur of one of the fallen balverines before he looked back at the stranger and returned his sword to its sheath. "Ben Finn, by the way," he offered an introduction with a smile. "And to whom do I owe the pleasure?"

PMEmail
^
Serana
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 07:41 AM
- Adventurers -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

dark twisted fantasy
turned into reality
The vampire continued to watch as he cleaned his blade, still looking him over calmly and not taking her eyes off of him. she knew better than to trust just anyone she met on the roads... especially travelling through this shady-looking place.

Still, that didn't mean she couldn't be quite civil and polite-- after all, he had helped her get rid of those things.

"Serana," she replied with a dip of her head and a small smile. "Nice to meet you. Do you... have any idea at all where we are?"

Not that she liked to think about this, but it was getting to be a difficult point in time, and it would probably be a good idea to find a settled place. Pureblood or not, the bloodlust would get too strong eventually, and she really didn't feel like going mad from it and attacking the first mortal she came across. That would probably end absolutely horribly. Not to mention the fact that Serana really just didn't want that on her conscience.

Sometimes it was just better to take the lesser of two evils. It wasn't as though she could reverse her vampirism, and even if she could she wasn't sure she'd really want to.

PM
^
Ben Finn
 Posted: Dec 10 2016, 09:18 AM
- Royal Guard -
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Loving Stella Beck
- relationship status -
- occupation -

He gave a slight dip of his head as she gave her name - just a sign that he was following along and giving her his attention and nothing much more. Ben Finn wasn't exactly the kind to stick to the book when it came to formalities, after all.

His smile widened slightly when she asked if he knew where they were. She must be one of the displaced. "I take it you're not from around here," he said - a statement much more than it was a question. "You're in Silverpines right now," he said, moving on to answering her question with little pause, "in the kingdom of Albion."

He watched her for a moment longer after that, head titled slightly to the side in an almost curious fashion as he waited for some sort of reaction out of her, not that he gave much time for that, either. "It's a bit out of the way of most places, honestly. Perhaps you need a place to stay?" That certainly seemed to be the case, at any rate. "There's a settlement in the area, but I wouldn't advise heading there unless you wanna stay there for a good while. This areas full of these nasty beasts," he added with a nod to the balverines. "Your best bet would probably be to make your way back towards Bowerstone, the capitol. You'd be able to get to most anywhere in the kingdom from there, if you wanted to. I could take you there, if you'd like."

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black