Add Reply
New Poll

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Open ~ Mourningwood Fort
Lewis Young
 Posted: May 2 2016, 12:31 AM
- Royal Guard -
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Ex SRU Officer/Albion Guard
- occupation -

We could be immortals
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame. I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

Lou had completely given up on counting how many weeks it had been since he'd arrived into this strange land. It had been several months, that much he at least knew, but there was no point in keeping track any more. There was nothing special to count down the days to here; all the holidays that they'd celebrated back in Toronto were truly null and void now. Birthdays were the only thing that mattered now, really; to his credit, he'd remembered Spike's birthday just in time and bought him a Babycakes 2.0 to ride around while on patrol.

Today found Lou at the Mourningwood cemetery. It wasn't one of his favourite places, not least because of the undead skeletons that constantly infested the place. The cemetery made him think of home, of the tombstone that his parents must have erected for him after the phone call that would have gone along the lines of "we regret to inform you, but your son died in the line of duty. We are extremely sorry for your loss". He could almost hear Greg's voice saying the words. His mom must have cried and his dad would have held her close, not crying himself but his world shattered.

What he wouldn't give to let them know that he was ok. He'd written dozens of letters, hoping that the portals would be kind enough to pick one or two up and deposit them back home. He even carried around a letter with him at all times in the desperate hope that he might run into a portal depositing someone and could throw the letter in before it closed. But the stack of letters back in his room went untouched, nor did he have much luck with running into a portal.

All things considered though, it could have been worse. Much worse. He'd been lucky in that he'd run into Spike, and later on they'd found Greg. He'd managed to make a few friends in the Guard, had a place to stay, and a job that was vaguely similar to what he'd had before. He wasn't homeless, broke, or friendless. And at the end of the day, that was all that mattered. Plus he was in Mourningwood, which was much nicer in terms of monsters to fight. He'd had enough 'roid-raging werewolves to last him a lifetime.

The sound of a gun being fired caught his attention. He broke off into a run to the direction of the shot, gun at the ready as usual. Over the months he'd become partial to swords around Hollow Men to save on ammunition, but he wasn't about to go charging in without knowing the situation. He skidded to a halt several meters off, quickly assessing the situation. A civilian had run into an ambush. Easy enough. Aiming, he shot at a skeleton that was creeping up behind the stranger, taking a few steps forward. "Blasted things love loud noises. Never could figure out why," he called out in way of greeting, stowing his gun away and pulling his sword out as he came up closer, slicing through two more that began running towards him. "You'd think they'd learn to stay away from things that would try to kill them..."

I try to picture me without you but I can't.
Clint Barton
 Posted: May 31 2016, 03:07 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
I never opened myself this way, life is ours, we live it our way, all these words I don't just say, and nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new, open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. Never cared for what they say, never cared for games they play, never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know, and I know! So close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

i've been thinkin' 'bout the past i can't ignore
nothing less, nothing more, it's all the same as before
Awfully dull creatures, Hollow Men... But they made for damn good target practice. And Mourningwood was full of 'em. Honestly, it was better than a firing range because they moved and that kept things interesting, at the very least! So many used to tell him that he was hardly one that needed to practice, but it hadn't be so much practicing as it had been keeping his mind off of whatever shitty thing had been on it at the moment.

If he wanted to really practice, he needed something to keep him engaged. It was kind of like a wall. A wall was only interesting for so long when you'd stared at it for hours and hours on end before. Then again, it had been a sense of simple familiarity... But, for the day, he was going to stick with the fact that going around and blowing the skulls off a few of the annoying, screaming skeletal bastards was both entertaining and productive.

Really, they could wield weapons and knew how to fight, but they didn't have enough ghostly brains left to figure out how to climb anything?

The only real trouble with the damn things was that while guns were effective, there tended to be loads of them that didn't know when to quit, so one had to be mindful of how many bullets were there to go around. It was things like that that made Clint thankful that there were people in this new world he was slowly getting used to calling home that were willing to help him add a few new skills to his old SHIELD repertoire. He'd use his bow for the skeletal figures if they didn't have that nasty habit of spawning out of literal oblivion sometimes faster than he felt like he could wrench his arrows out from their skulls or between their ribs. It was dreadfully a pain like that...

"Y'know, fellas, I've fought some bastards in my day that were tougher than you lot," he muttered, ducking out of the way of a swung sword and firing a round through the skeletal warrior's skull, knocking him aside and firing at another a few feet ahead of him before he slipped down and pried the sword from the fallen warrior's hand. He ought to keep it this time instead of letting them all lay around...

A gunshot that wasn't his own drew his attention to what was behind him, catching a glimpse of one of the Hollow Men falling back to death before his eyes drew to the man behind the shot, a small grin to his words, firing off one more shot at one that was a bit further down range before the gun was stowed away just in time for Clint to bring up his snatched sword to deflect a blow. "Maybe they mistake it for each other," he joked, parrying off a few more strikes before he bashed the skeleton's skull with the hilt of the sword, "In some sort of twisted way... They are always screaming at each other. Can't say that is sounds like a healthy relationship, but whatever floats your boat."

it's in the ground, underneath, tied up, tweaked out inherently
and i've been swimmin' in the new millennium
PM
^
Lewis Young
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 02:09 PM
- Royal Guard -
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
- occupation -

We could be immortals
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame. I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

Lou had to give credit where credit was due and this guy certainly earned it. As he fought against the oncoming horde, he watched him out of the corner of his eye. This guy wasn't a civilian, as Lou had originally thought. The way he fought made him think the stranger had been part of the police force back home. Maybe FBI, CIA. Certainly some big organization with an acronym. It wasn't much more than a gut feeling, but he was certain that the guy wasn't from Albion originally. Especially given his accent: Lou had quickly discovered that the natives all had British accents, and so it became just a little easier to figure out who the newcomers were. So he was a kindred spirit then. Also ripped from his home only to wind up here.

"Y'know, back home we used to have this zombie game that was wicked popular when it first came out," Lou started, raising his sword and decapitating a skeleton, "Left 4 Dead it was called. It was like they wrote it with these guys in mind. Though there it was pipe bombs. Throw one of those babies and they swarm it like no tomorrow. Then boom," here he made an explosion gesture with his hands, punching two skeletons in the face that were creeping up behind him and making them stagger back, "and you're the privileged witness of a Zombie Fountain™." A soft groan behind him alerted him to a stray Hollow Man creeping up a little too close for comfort and the man brought his elbow up to smash the creature in the face, shattering his skull. "Never thought I'd be using the 'destroy the head or it ain't dead' school of thought ever again though."

The other man's next words made Lou laugh and as he ducked out from under the arms of several approaching zombies to get some breathing space, he shook his head. "Maybe they think it's cathartic. That if they yell enough it'll cleanse them of their anger enough to become civilized members of society. Before you'll know it we'll be seeing these guys in powdered wigs sipping from dainty china in Bowerstone." He swung out, decapitating the last skeleton and watched with a satisfied smile as it fell to the ground and ceased all movement. "And when that day comes, you and I will be there with popcorn and beer," he added with a grin.

I try to picture me without you but I can't.
Clint Barton
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 02:28 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
I never opened myself this way, life is ours, we live it our way, all these words I don't just say, and nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new, open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. Never cared for what they say, never cared for games they play, never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know, and I know! So close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.
Forty-one
- Age -
It's Complicated
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

i've been thinkin' 'bout the past i can't ignore
nothing less, nothing more, it's all the same as before
Was it weird that he almost didn't really mind being in Albion? The catch of it all was that he hated the idea that he wasn't able to reach out to those few that he actually cared about to tell them that he was alright, that his infamous reputation for getting himself into sticky situations hadn't finally claimed his life...

It was like that part in the Back to the Future series, which, personally, ranked up there right along with good old Jurassic Park as timeless classics that did shit right even with less technological boom than they had today, where Doc had sent that letter to Marty... Only without the whole successful letter sending thing. Funny how "more advanced" technologies seemingly led to more fuck ups, wasn't it?

But you wanna know one game company that got its shit right? Rockstar. That was the shit. And he was still just a little upset about no confirmation about a sequel or a prequel or something to go along with Red Dead Redemption. That was a game to be remembered. Who wouldn't like riding around as a cowboy, right? And all without the literal physical consequences of the occasional stupid shit one could accidentally, or, you know, intentionally, get into.

Yeah, he... casually played his fair share or more of video games when he wasn't doing Avenger things or pissing off mafias, saving stray animals, doing SHIELD missions, or otherwise proving his reputation for trouble sound... Just casually.

That was his defense and he was sticking to it. Why waste the multitude of gaming systems Stark's shitton of money could afford, right?

A sly grin crossed his features as the stranger spoke a language he could, indeed, understand. "Man, that game was gold!" He traded off a few strikes back and forth with one of the skeletal figures before decapitating it in time to look back over and catch the motion to pair with the familiar name: a beautiful fountain! "We should start teaching the locals that," he joked, ducking out of the way of a swipe before kicking in another skeleton's skull. "I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it with gunpowder or something and get a patent on it or whatever; 'Skeletal Fountains,' brought to you by Future Industries!" He took up his gun again and fired off one last shot at a final skeletal warrior before looking back over at the stranger.

It wasn't long before he was grinning and even giving a laugh to his comment. "That'll be quite a day, won't it?" He gave a shrug, "Who knows? They might even be the ones selling us that ale, my friend!" He holstered his gun again and gave a light twirl of his nabbed sword as he gave a look around at their casualties and gave an approving nod before looking back with a smile at his company. "Not a bad day's work," he commented, "I do think that we were robbed of proper introductions though. The name's Clint Barton, and to whom do I owe the thanks for a wonderful shared Skeletal Fountain experience?"

Whether it sold or not, he was going to get a kick out of it, that was for damn sure.

it's in the ground, underneath, tied up, tweaked out inherently
and i've been swimmin' in the new millennium
PM
^
Lewis Young
 Posted: Jan 6 2017, 08:13 PM
- Royal Guard -
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
- occupation -

Clint Barton

<3

Funny, wasn't it, how it was all fun and games until you ended up in such a situation. Shooting zombies in the head until the wee hours of the morning was well and good back home in Toronto, but it was never quite so amusing when you were actually in that situation. Like now. Not that he was complaining about all this pest control; in lieu of actual every-day training, this helped keep him on his toes and his skills sharp. So what if they were moving about and trying to kill him? That just made it all the more fun.

The horde finally taken care of, Lou sheathed his sword and gave his fighting companion an easy smile. "Lewis Young. But you can call me Lou. Almost a shame the Skeletal Fountain experience had to end," he gave a small playful pout, running a hand over his hair as he mulled over whether to ask the question or not. It wasn't exactly rude to ask someone where they were from, but on the other hand Lou didn't want to bring up bad memories for the guy. And yet...curiosity won out. "Say...you're not from around here, are you? The only ones that I've seen fight that well are the guards, but clearly red's not your colour," he added with a slight smirk, referring to the guard uniform.

NOTES: i'm basically replying to every single thread i owe, even from yonks ago soooooo if you're not feeling the thread, lemme know and i'll archive it x3

&

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black