Add Reply
New Poll

Explosive Entry, Spike + Stella Beck
Spike Scarlatti
 Posted: Nov 9 2015, 10:16 PM
- Royal Guard Admins -
IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. WHEN THE HEART'S INVOLVED WE BOTCH THINGS UP, IT'S HOW WE'RE WIRED. BUT THERE IS ONE CHOICE YOU COULD MAKE, THAT YOU WOULD REGRET FOREVER. IT'S DOING NOTHING. DOING NOTHING IS EASY, THE HARDEST PART IS REACHING OUT.
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Spikelet
- relationship status -
Hero of Toronto
- occupation -

user posted image
It's been a long day without you, my friend...
...and I'll tell you all about it.
WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN
"Spike! Buddy how we looking in there!?" He could hear the Sarge's voice over his earpiece but he just wasn't in a good moment to respond. His hands and mind were busy with possibly his most important task of the day. He couldn't screw this up, he just couldn't... He was supposed to be the expert. If Spike couldn't do this job... then who could?

Spike finally gave a pause to breathe, which he had seemed to have forgotten. "It's comin' sir, only wish i had another minute or so." He finally commented, though knowing very well that the time he had was limited and he couldn't just extend it. And he had to be careful... one wrong move could end in detonation. Death for Spike and who knows how bad for anyone else. With those stakes, he wasn't about to take any chances. "Look I know what I'm doing. I'll get it." He promised to Sarge, hoping desperately that he was right for so many reasons. His confidence could put the team in danger one of these days. He knew very well he could diffuse the bomb, but the question was if he could manage it within the time he had left.

Explosives planted in a school building were a big deal. For so many reasons that ran through Spikes head as he tried to stop it. "Time is running out Spike! Just get out of there!" Ed called, the fear in his voice clear to Spike, who had heard it at least a couple of times before.

"I'm so close guys. Seriously I can do this!" The man assured his worried teammates, but the shake to his voice said otherwise. He was cutting it close, and he knew it far too well. The last thing he really wanted was to leave his team facing another death... The man looked to what he was doing, then down the enclosed hallway where the device had been planted. If he made a run for it he might be able to get out now. But he had to try just one more thing. And that one more thing could have cost him his life. It didn't work, and the man stood up quickly. "I'm sorry guys, I couldn't-" He started.

"Get out now! We can't lose you!" He heard the sarge yell, and he sure grabbed his gun and tried to make a run for it. It wasn't really that often that he couldn't. In fact he'd boasted a near perfect success record. But something was off today... he just felt weird.

"I'm sorry" were his last words to the team before the explosion behind him. It felt bigger, more significant than what should have been caused. He was thrown forward by the force of the blast, but a white light engulfed him. It happened so fast he believed it only to be death, falling into the light with no choice in the matter, and giving a scared bit of a scream on the way down. He landed harshly on the ground. Everything felt like it was spinning, he couldn't focus his eyes, his ears were ringing... The disoriented officer didn't even realize where he was. Only that he had found solid ground, and felt absolutely horrible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike laid his head down on the ground as he tried to catch his breath. His heart was racing from the ordeal and he couldn't just get up now. He felt like the ground was the safest place to be. He might as well have been passed out, laying on the ground like that. He wasn't really even able to think straight. Closing his eyes he took in deep breaths for quite a while. As his heart rate dropped and some of the dizziness subsided, the man looked up and around him a bit. A frown and confusion immediately crossed his face and he shook his head.

"Boss? Ed? Guys? What's going on?" He didn't get it, he didn't know how it was even possible that he got this far. He couldn't remember completely passing out, but maybe he had. "Guys? You there? Nice funny prank yeah haha... but I'm hurting guys!" He called, not caring if they would have heard him through their communication line or just because he was loud. But the lack of response concerned him. He'd just been through an explosion, he was still cut up. He was still in his gear, and as he looked down he still had his weapon sitting on the ground next to him. He grunted with a bit of sore pain as he sat up from where he was sitting. Were they not listening at all? Maybe a bad guy had gotten him...

Between the pain, dizziness, and ear ringing Spike was having a hard time. Even more so by the shock of finding himself in a forest. Trees. Wilderness... a forest of all places. He grabbed for the gun quickly, standing up although he regretted the move immediately, setting his free hand to his head. "Okay. Too fast. Way too fast." He muttered to himself, looking up and trying to regain his balance. He was in a forest, no communication with his team, he felt hurt all over and he was dizzy... and he'd failed to disarm a bomb. Today was shaping up to be just an amazing day.

"Hello!?" Spike called when he heard some sort of movement, turning and pointing the gun toward where he at least thought he heard it. He may not have actually heard anything at all with that ringing going on. "Police! SRU! Show yourself!" He yelled as if that would make a difference. He was wide eyed, looked horribly skittish and lost. He had no idea just how lost he actually was...

TAGS: Stella Beck | WORDS: 965 | NOTES: Long intro just to have him standing around scared in the woods. xD He is actually cut up and stuff, but not real bad.
We've come a long way from where we began
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side. ✘

PM
^
Stella Beck
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 05:03 PM
- Royalty -
This is my Albion. It is an Albion worth protecting.
Twenty-six
- Age -
It's Complicated with Ben Finn
- relationship status -
Queen of Albion
- occupation -

They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be. I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
Stella knew that she had to stop running away like this. She knew it worried Nathaniel when she escaped from him, and it probably worried everyone else in the castle too. It wasn't a pleasant thought that she might get eaten by Balverines or killed by mercenaries on one of these runaway trips, but she had to get out. She was going stir-crazy and she feared that if she had to sit through another court session, she'd just put Logan back on the throne and get him to deal with everything.

So she'd left a note to Jasper and Nate not to bother looking for her and that she'd be back in a week or so, packed a small knapsack and taken one of the most fright-proof horses that she could find, and took off before anyone could stop her. A part of her felt bad for leaving Nathanial behind. She'd come to enjoy running away with him on some adventure to Mourningwood or somewhere equally as deserted. But this time she wanted to be alone. Not just wanted, but needed to. She'd reached her end and was so sick of people she didn't want to see anyone at all. She just wanted to escape from it all, if only for a little while.

Stella wasn't sure exactly where she wanted to go. She'd thought of going to Driftwood for a bit of relaxation, but that didn't seem nearly far enough from the castle. So she'd decided to head to Brightwall. What she really wanted was to camp out in the woods, somewhere right in the middle under the stars, but she didn't fancy not waking up the next morning due to a surprise mercenary attack, so she figured that somewhere civilized was a better idea.

She'd lost all track of time by the time the pair trekked into Brightwood. She was about to dismount and find a place to stop for lunch when the sound of something heavy crashing onto the forest floor made her stop, pulling her horse back who shook his head in protest. "Shhh, Scotchy, shhh," she whispered to him, patting him on the neck. Again he shook his head, tugging at the reins in an attempt to get closer, and reluctantly Stella urged him forward. Something felt off, as if she was walking into a trap. Up ahead something was lying on the ground and it took the woman a few minutes to realize that it was a human.

As he called out, she hid behind the trees, studying him. The clothes were unlike any uniform she'd seen in Albion, and the gun was certainly not of Albion origin. It looked too sleek, too boring, to be one of theirs. Relief flooded her as she realized that he was just another Displaced. She allowed herself to relax a little, urging Butterscotch on quietly. As long as he didn't shoot at them, she'd be happy to act as the Albion welcoming committee. She'd gotten a lot of practice in it over the year.

The sound of a branch snapping underfoot as Butterscotch stepped on it almost made Stella jump out of her skin from the unexpectedness of it, but her eyes flew to the male to see how he'd react. His gun was out and he was calling out some odd acronym, but completely in the wrong direction than she was in. But she guessed that falling from another world into this one could play havoc on one's sense of direction.

"Over here," she called out drily, letting go of the reins and giving a small wave. "Though I'd appreciate it if you lowered your gun. You're spooking Butterscotch." As if on cue, the equine shook his head and snorted, pawing the ground as if whole situation indeed unnerved him, though Stella was certain that he was just getting restless because she hadn't given him a treat all day and he'd had enough.

Hopping off, she took one step forward showing him her hands so he saw that she was unarmed. "I'm not going to hurt you, put it down." Her dark eyes studied him, and she offered him a small smile. "I'm Stella. What's your name? You're hurt, let me help you."

PMEmail
^
Spike Scarlatti
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 09:20 PM
- Royal Guard Admins -
IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. WHEN THE HEART'S INVOLVED WE BOTCH THINGS UP, IT'S HOW WE'RE WIRED. BUT THERE IS ONE CHOICE YOU COULD MAKE, THAT YOU WOULD REGRET FOREVER. IT'S DOING NOTHING. DOING NOTHING IS EASY, THE HARDEST PART IS REACHING OUT.
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Spikelet
- relationship status -
Hero of Toronto
- occupation -

user posted image
WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN
The direction he had heard the noise produced nothing. No other sounds, no visuals. Still nothing from the team. He was starting to think he was going mad. Stuck in some nightmare like the bomb had knocked him unconscious. Maybe some crazy between life and death? Who knew but whatever it was didn't seem at all possible. His gaze shifted over the brush in front of him, breathing hard with the stress as he just tried to find the cause. "Police! Come out!" He screamed again, louder, as if that would help. It didn't. At least, not from the direction he was expecting. "Over here." A female voice had called. Spike nearly screamed in shock as he turned around abruptly at the words. He was shaking, from both the pain and uncertainty, but his aim was dead on as he looked toward the individual. She could have been anyone.

He had a wide eyed, scared look about him. She wasn't a hostage taker, that was for sure. He was armed, he wasn't tied up, every pain he had he could attribute to being in an explosion not being kidnapped. And she seemed too calm. He looked her and the horse over with just more confusion the longer he stood there, reaching up to rub the side of his head a bit at the headache that started to form from the ringing. He took in and held a deep breath, just for a moment as she got off the horse. He adjusted his aim rather than lowering the weapon at first, as she was approaching him. "It's for my protection. I can't trust you." He said quickly, but then actually looked her over. She wasn't armed. She was just a girl... He seemed to consider it for a moment. She couldn't be that much of a threat, right?

The man finally released some of the tension, his arms relaxing and he lowered the weapon to point it at the ground. He wasn't ready to just drop it, but he could stop pointing it at an unarmed stranger for sure. He looked toward the house, then the young female once more. So much ran through his mind he wanted to just scream out asking where he was and why. But for a few seconds not a word came from Spike's mouth. What was to say that she had the answers anyways?

"I uh... I'm Spike. Well, my friends call me Spike but... yeah that's my name." He answered, the words coming out quickly and a bit nervously. Stella... she offered her name it was only fair he had given his. Or at least what people called him. He looked to his cut up hands, closing his eyes as he really noticed the stinging scrapes on his face. "I uh... I've been worse... it's this ringing in my ears. It doesn't stop... I'd never get used to it. You uh... you can help?" He looked to meet her gaze. He knew that a couple of the cuts would need cleaning but the idea of finding some way to do that himself in the woods.... being in the woods on it's own was bad enough.

With a hurried glance around him though he just frowned more. "Where's my team? Do you know where they are? They have to be here somewhere." He asked urgently, moving toward her quickly.

TAGS: Stella Beck | WORDS: ### | NOTES: Scared Spikey :( Take good care of him Stella!

PM
^
Stella Beck
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 11:07 PM
- Royalty -
Twenty-six
- Age -
- relationship status -
Queen of Albion
- occupation -

They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be. I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
Butterscotch gave a snort, starting to walk towards the man, but Stella pushed him back. He seemed scared enough already, he didn't need the horse freaking him out. Especially since she knew the horse would just try and look him over for treats, and a snuffling horse prodding and trying to chew on his hair would be the last thing he needed right now. The horse gave an indignant whinny, shaking his head and trying to get to the stranger again. "I swear to Avo if you make another move, you won't get another toffee for the rest of your life," she hissed, glaring at the the horse. For a long moment he glared back, flaring his nostrils and snorting, before finally turning and trotting off.

Stella rolled her eyes at the equine's antics before turning her attentions back on the man. "Spike, hi." Her smile grew and she took a couple of steps towards him. He'd lowered the gun and had decided to talk to her. That was always a good sign. She took another step towards him, wanting to check his wounds, moving slowly so as not to spook him. Dealing with the displaced civilians was a lot like dealing with spooked horses, she'd learned. Which, she noted with sympathy, was exactly what he looked like right now.

The wounds looked easy enough to deal with, nothing a health potion couldn't fix. The problem was getting him to drink it. She was under no illusion that he'd drink it just like that, especially when he'd only just landed in some completely new world. But she had to try, because it was all she had in way of help. She pulled her knapsack off her shoulder and began rooting around in it, until she felt her fingers close around cold metal. "The ringing stops. Can take a while, but it goes away eventually. As for your other wounds, this will fix you right up," she said, pulling out the flask. Unscrewing the cap, she took a drink in an effort to show that it wasn't poisoned, before offering it out to him. "It's a standard heath potion, nothing fancy but it should make you feel a bit better." She paused, nibbling on her bottom lip. "I know you're about to say that you don't believe in magic and that it can't possibly work, but you need to trust me on this."

"Where's my team? Do you know where they are? They have to be here somewhere." Quickly she looked around, straining her eyes for any signs of life. But except for the cheerful chirp of birds above them and the rustling of leaves, the forest was quiet. Stella didn't want to be the one to say that maybe he'd been the only one caught up in the portal, because she knew that if she were in his shoes, that would just make her entire day from terrible, to horrendous. "I'm sure they're safe, Spike. Please, sit. You shouldn't be stressing. Are you hungry?" She didn't have much in the way of food, having decided that she'd just eat properly when she got to Brightwall and just snack until then, but she'd lost all her appetite. "It might make you feel a little better..."

PMEmail
^
Spike Scarlatti
 Posted: Nov 12 2015, 09:43 PM
- Royal Guard Admins -
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Spikelet
- relationship status -
Hero of Toronto
- occupation -

user posted image
WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN
The animal came a bit close for comfort. It was just a horse, but with how horrible he was feeling Spike wasn't feeling up for petting a horse or being searched.He glanced to the female, but didn't completely relax just yet. The explosion had scattered his thoughts so bad... even his normal resolve under pressure failed him here. But she was smiling. She wasn't rushing him, she wasn't reaching for a weapon. She said hi. Hi was good, that was an okay thing to say... Spike managed a slight bit of a smile to her and a nod when she repeated back his name right. But as she stepped closer he started to take a nervous step back away from her. Out of arms reach at least. For the moment that was most comfortable. She studied him just about as much as he had her. It didn't seem like she was dangerous, right?

"Hey! Hey! Get your hands out of the bag!" Spike yelled quickly as he took a step back and raised the weapon once more. Just reaching into a bag scared the man. There could be a weapon of any sort in that thing. She could pull out anything from a bottle of water to something that would kill him. And that was a chance he was trained not to take. His breathing got harsh again and he stood stiff at that. He didn't want to shoot her though, especially as she had spoken so calmly and nicely to him. "Just... just don't do that. I-You could have a gun in there." He at least somewhat explained his wide eyed freak out once he saw her pull out a flask rather than a weapon. What in a flask could possibly fix up his injuries from an explosion? They weren't horrible but no sort of water or other drink would just "fix him right up". Not as far as he knew.

"I know it eventually does but it... God it's giving me a headache." He started to complain, but then it dawned on him. He looked to his scraped up hands and frowned some. He'd been in an explosion. The bomb had nearly blown up right in his face. And this was all the damage that had been caused? He should be in pieces, burned, dead. But here he just had scrapes that weren't even bleeding that bad. He looked back to watch her drink what was in the flask, then his gaze shifted to the container itself. To take it he would have to lower his weapon again. But she drank it herself, it couldn't be poisoned. Unless she had a death wish too and somehow he really doubted that. "I'm not hurt that bad. Really. It's just going to be sore..." He was a tough guy. He'd been through worse than these scrapes. He was lucky. But then again here was some pretty girl offering him some mystery drink in the woods... it was an odd day indeed.

Spike took the flask from her, giving it a curious bit of a sniff before he drank a little of it. Mostly curious, and it seemed that today was his day of escapes from death anyways. Not that he believed in magic, but sharing a drink with a mystery woman was quite intriguing. He looked to it, but held it back to her. "You're right, I don't believe in magic. But uh, yeah sure I tried it." He shrugged a bit to that. If cooperating made her feel better and she could get him back to his team, then he didn't have a problem drinking some of the "portion". His somewhat relaxed expression fell at her response. She didn't know where his team was. How could she not? They weren't quite invisible in this kind of setting... they wouldn't have left him here alone. Would they? She was sure they were safe? Maybe she killed them... or they really did leave... "Boss?! Ed? Jules!? Anyone? You guys this joke isn't funny!" He yelled out into the forest almost desperate for it to be a prank as he looked away from Stella to visually search the surrounding area. But nothing came. No response whatsoever.

So it was just him and this Stella. He looked back with the saddest of looks on his face as they didn't respond. "They aren't here, are they? And they aren't coming?" Spike frowned, shaking his head at the idea and backing up against a tree, sliding to sit down on the ground. He set the weapon to his side, looking down quietly for a couple of minutes. He waited to respond to her,, the whole situation running through his mind. Trying to piece it together. He was smart sure, but this just wasn't adding up. He reached to change the communication channels on his earpiece, nothing happened. He took out his cell phone, but that wouldn't do anything either. He dropped it back in his pocket, his head dropping into his hands and he closed his eyes tightly.

"Hungry? I just had a bomb explode in my face. I failed my team, they could be dead, I don't know where they are. I wake up in a woods in the middle of nowhere with no way to contact anyone... and my head hurts... am I hungry?" The man looked up and gave a shake of his head as he spoke, a sad look on his face. "No. No I'm not. No thank you. I just..It's a lot going on here.." He admitted, overwhelmed a bit really. This wasn't right and he just wanted to get home... "But uh, thank you... I guess. Just.. where am I?" He stared at her with a pleading look, wanting to know where and hoping it was some place he knew.

TAGS: Stella Beck | WORDS: ### | NOTES: Missing his family here.

PM
^
Stella Beck
 Posted: Nov 12 2015, 11:01 PM
- Royalty -
Twenty-six
- Age -
- relationship status -
Queen of Albion
- occupation -

Dear Avo, where did these portals pick these people from? Her head was beginning to hurt like it usually did after a long-winded court session and she took a deep breath in to compose herself. She was the queen and had to act like it at all times in front of strangers, whether they knew she was the monarch or not. So she hid her withering look as best she could as he yelled at her for looking around in her bag, assuming a nonchalant expression. "A curious place to keep a gun. Here we prefer to keep them out in the open. Much easier to shoot someone when you don't have to look for it." She bit back the comment that if she'd wanted to, she would have done so long ago so he really shouldn't be all that worried, but she didn't want to give him even more reason not to trust her.

Maybe she needed to write a guidebook to hand out when she met these people. 'So you're trapped in Albion - what now?' - though that was a bit blunt and depressing. She didn't much like the word trapped - it sounded like a prison sentence. And though most of the people that came here from their worlds probably thought so, she loved her kingdom too much to make it sound like one. 'Welcome to Albion, enjoy your stay' didn't have the snappiest ring to it, but it would do the trick. She'd make sure to keep a stack on hand whenever this happened, for it was beginning to happen with an awful frequency. Plus it would help her to keep from getting attached to the poor things and offering them jobs in the castle or in the guard. She knew that not everyone that worked for her approved of it, but what else was she supposed to do? Leave them to become common beggars, or worse, to become petty criminals? No, she couldn't do it. Everyone deserved a chance, after all.

Stepping away from him, Stella crossed her arms across her chest as she looked around again, her dark eyes darting around the scenery. They needed to get out of here. His yells were going to attract some unwanted attention, and frankly Stella wanted to get out of here with all limbs intact and preferably without having to face some rogue bandits or Hobbes in the process. She could do with the target practice, but not when she had a displaced stranger with her. She didn't like fighting with strangers by her side; one never knew when they could get stabbed in the back. She much preferred to either fight with an ally, or alone. Less chance of betrayal and cold feet.

She cocked an eyebrow, watching him sardonically. She was about to ask if he was done with his little rant when he stopped and as he thanked her for the offer, her expression softened. A sigh left her lips and she ran a hand through her hair. "You're in Albion. More specifically you're in Brightwood, en route to Brightwall. Not that any of this is going to make any sense to you." She wracked her brain for a calming way to explain his situation to him, but none came to mind. There was no way she could sugar-coat this, and she wasn't about to lie to him. She shook her head in resignation, rubbing a hand over her eyes. "Basically you're a very long way from home and we need to get out of here before something decides to try and eat us."

PMEmail
^
Spike Scarlatti
 Posted: Nov 13 2015, 08:54 PM
- Royal Guard Admins -
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Spikelet
- relationship status -
Hero of Toronto
- occupation -

user posted image
WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN
Could he have found a weirder place to wake up in? His dreams sure hadn't come up with this before. And it had to be a dream too. There was no other explanation for him than being unconscious in a nightmare. One that felt too real. "People do it all the time. Hide their weapons so we don't see them until they want us to. And by that point they shoot us and we lose friends that way." Spike muttered, staring at her with an odd look. How had she not being familiar with that having been done? It wasn't like it was some super special method for the super smart. It could be dumb. His gaze and aim of his weapon fell though as he considered what she said. Shooting someone didn't seem so far off or unusual for her... But he didn't ask. She'd given him the kindness enough to not question his yelling too bad. To give him something to drink. So he decided for the time being that asking a million questions about her morals was not the correct choice.

The man followed her gaze as she looked around, but he couldn't really figure out what she was looking for. People? Things? Just trying to distract him? Whatever it was he wasn't sure he'd ever find out. He looked up quietly from where he had sat down. "What are you looking for? This woods is full of danger isn't it? Romans. Woods. Bad mix you know." He looked to her as if she should know, but he wasn't really up for getting up and running off on his own. He didn't know what he was doing here or why. But he knew that wandering off alone could kill him. And Spike did not have a death wish today.

"Albion? Bright-whatever? I uh... don't recognize those names at all, no. But how'd you know that I wouldn't?" Spike's frown grew and the fearful look on his face intensified. He didn't even recognize place names... and he should have. Now what? Trust this random stranger to lead him back to civilization where he could end up going home? So many things could happen between here and there he couldn't trust her at all. Well every cop bit in him said not to, but the lost and scared Spike just wanted something to grasp onto in this odd world. The day from hell really. "Hey.... did you just... just say, try and eat us?" He sat up a bit, but looked at her with confused disbelief. He didn't want to believe that some monster would jump out and try to eat him. Sure he was trained to shoot, but he had previously avoided as much as possible. But if something was going to try and eat them...

Suddenly where he was didn't matter. The threat of imminent danger to their lives was enough to make Spike push himself to stand up again from where he had sat against the tree. He looked to the female with worry. "You could have mentioned the uh... danger of things that would eat us... first?" He suggested, a slight bit of his sarcasm seeping through at the comment. If he was anything, it was a survivor. He wasn't going to die today, especially by being eaten. "Do you have any weapons if something does try to eat us?" He asked, dropping his voice a bit as he looked to her. "I have to get home, to my team. I'm not going to be some freak's dinner!" Spike said with determination. No matter where he was, he was intent that he would make it home.

TAGS: Stella Beck | WORDS: 607 | NOTES: Spikey will not be someone's dinner.

PM
^
Stella Beck
 Posted: Nov 14 2015, 10:41 PM
- Royalty -
Twenty-six
- Age -
- relationship status -
Queen of Albion
- occupation -

"We're a little more transparent here. When someone wants to kill you, you'll know it. With the exception of the queen's brother, but we don't talk about that." The last sentence slipped out as a muttered bitter afterthought and she instantly regretted it as memories of Major Swift and Walter filled her mind. Spike's talks of his friends and his team were dredging up some painful memories of her own team, one that was now woefully incomplete. There were plenty of things that she could forgive her brother for doing in an attempt to save his kingdom, but Major Swift's execution, along with Elliot's, would never be one of those things.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat, she wandered off to Butterscotch who was grazing away like everything was alright with the world. It didn't help that she felt like she was partly to blame for the whole thing. She knew what Logan was capable of when it came to those he perceived to be traitors; she should have stopped him from going up to the castle that night. Pulling her rifle out of the leather sheath attached to the saddle, she examined the weapon. It calmed her, making sure that everything was still ok since the last time she checked it, though a sad smile played on her lips. The rifle had once belonged to Private Jammy, who'd been another casualty during Logan's reign. 724 times he'd been wounded and survived, and yet the first and only time she fought with him by her side, he was killed in action. She'd felt like an angel of death that year.

"Usually I don't need to tell people of the dangers that come from yelling in the woods," she shot back testily. "Surely you have wolves and bears roaming in the forests wherever you're from? And I'm sure you don't go into bear-infested woods and start attracting attention to yourself." She took a deep breath, running a hand over her hair. That had been uncalled for, she knew, but she was on edge. Just like he didn't want to die here today, she didn't want to either. "I'm sorry," she sighed, shaking her head. "That was rude of me. Apologies."

At his question about weaponry, she cocked an eyebrow, allowing herself a slight smile. "Just a small collection. Sword, rifle, pistol, ma-" she cut herself off before the word 'magic' slipped out, clearing her throat. "Maybe a dagger in my bag, I forget what I packed." She didn't want to say that she could do magic, as that was a last resort today. She used to love doing magic, but since the Darkness had left, she'd found her magic drained her more than it ever had before. In the lead-up to the battle to save Albion, she could easily cast spells of intense ferocity without even working up a sweat, but now the bigger the spell, the more energy it took from her. She'd learned to take plenty of potions with her whenever she went anywhere that might require her to use it, but she was unprepared this time in regards to liquid health, and so she didn't want to rely on her magic too much.

A loud howl echoed through the woods and Stella closed her eyes in annoyance, her mouth a thin line. "So you know what you said you didn't want to be dinner? You'd better pick something quick because things are going to get hairy in a minute."

PMEmail
^
Spike Scarlatti
 Posted: Nov 22 2015, 12:00 AM
- Royal Guard Admins -
Thirty-Nine
- Age -
Spikelet
- relationship status -
Hero of Toronto
- occupation -

user posted image
WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN
That was... encouraging. Not so many hidden weapons would be a relief for someone who was used to constantly having to watch for anyone trying to sneak around and kill him. The queen's brother? Wherever this was had a queen. That was an interesting little fact for sure. He wasn't quite sure how much to trust her but then who else did he have to look to? This wasn't home and if she had wanted to kill him she had the chance. With his back turned as she approached she could have shot him. Stabbed him. He wouldn't have had a chance and yet she'd talked to him instead. For the time being that counted for quite a lot. He saw the look on her face change though, watching her carefully but keeping quiet himself. There was something... many somethings that Spike couldn't even guess at from how little he knew. Even with the ringing pressure in his head he could think straight enough to read that much. But what could he say?

Spike flinched and averted his gaze at her snapped response. Sure they had animals. Maybe bears, he'd never seen one. Hadn't seen wolves either. He shook his head at her and moved away for a second to stop himself from yelling in response. Spike was exhausted, frustrated, his head was pounding. It would have been so angry to raise his voice back at her. "Usually I don't go into the woods alone. And the animals don't tend to bother a team of heavily armed police in the middle of the day. So no, I don't normally think about how much attention I might be attracting. That is if I even go into any forests to start with." He muttered, at least keeping his voice from yelling but not in a pleasant mood other. He could shoot down a wolf before it ate them anyways if she was concerned about that. He had no idea just what things might be lurking among these trees. Trees felt like his worst enemy at times. He looked back to her apology, shaking his head slightly. "I live in a city. I haven't been attacked by anything but a killer cat in someone's house." The cat was almost a joke. Maybe an attempt at bringing back a lighter mood. Not that it had been that happy before. But jokes were Spike's thing.

"A small collection. For someone who walked up to me saying they were unarmed, you sure are heavily armed." The officer observed with a raised brow, looking carefully at the woman. He didn't need her weapons from her, rather he'd been concerned if she hadn't had anything. Remembering the equipment in your possession was important and she seemed to have forgotten just what she had. Spike held back a bit of a chuckle and a head shake at the idea that she didn't even know what she was armed with. "I have guns. I just didn't want to be stuck against some human eating monster as the only one armed." He didn't even catch her almost slipping into the mention of magic. She'd given him that potion, but he wasn't quite aware that it actually had helped just yet.

Spike jumped, none too gracefully moving back to stand beside Stella. "That doesn't sound like a wolf..." He muttered. It was loud. It was more than any wolf he'd heard of before. He looked to Stella, then fearfully toward the brush around them. "Hairy. Like the big hairy beast that that howl must belong to?" Scarlatti gave a look to Stella and a frown, he'd hope whatever monster was here would be just as vulnerable as animals back home. He checked his weapon, then looked back up to watch for whatever it was. "Good thing I don't miss any shots, right?" He tried, and likely failed, to give a smiling little joke. He wasn't going to go down as anything but Spike. He was determined for that much.

TAGS: Stella Beck | WORDS: 667 | OUTFIT: SRU Uniform
NOTES: He has no idea what beasts Albion holds. Poor guy.

PM
^
Stella Beck
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 02:22 PM
- Royalty -
Twenty-six
- Age -
- relationship status -
Queen of Albion
- occupation -

Stella's features crinkled into a sympathetic smile at his words. Oh honey child, you're nowhere near ready for this world... She didn't want to spring it on him that this hairy beast would likely eat her and use him as a toothpick. That wasn't the best way to introduce him to the beasts of this world and she didn't want him to run off in fear and get eaten by something else. She had a duty of care for all these poor numpties that landed in her kingdom. No one would have been none the wiser if she'd left him to his own devices, but she would have known and she couldn't let some poor innocent get mauled within half an hour of arriving in Albion.

She handed him her rifle, taking up a sword herself. "Your bullets won't work. They're not silver, and only silver hurts these buggers." She gave him a crooked grin. "Good thing you never miss because these babies are expensive." Involuntarily she took a step back as another roar sounded, closer this time, and she lifted her sword up, taking up a fighting stance. Logically, she knew that she should be using magic against this beast. But she didn't know just how much energy the magic would take from her. Though she wanted to get out of here alive, she wasn't willing to risk being so weak she'd need help walking. She needed to get them both out of here to somewhere safe, and she couldn't do such things if the magic depleted her energy completely.

Finally, with a final bloodthirsty roar, the Balverine came bounding into view. "Aim for the head. Or...something. It won't kill him straight away but it'll drain his health and should wound him enough for me to finish him off," Stella yelled to Spike, taking a step forward so the creature focused on her instead of him. She had to give the newcomer a fighting chance, after all, and it hardly seemed fair to set him against such a creature for his first fight. She gave a low whistle, catching the creatures attention. "'Ello, wolfy, dear..!"

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black