Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Through the Looking Glass
Toothless Attaway
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 10:15 AM
- Adventurers -
Vanish into the night with me, we're racing heartbeats, feel the power arrest me like shadows on concrete, gotta get away, gotta escape from the daylight, I can see the way painted beneath the moon. Hold on for dear life until it's all gone. We'll come alive and set fear on fire, we'll set fear on fire.
Twenty
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

ain't no telling where the wind might blow
free and easy down the road i go
In all honesty, he had kind of expected her to ask for clarification, to ask more questions about where he'd come from or what he'd been since he'd already bridged the gap that he hadn't always been human. The change was enough to have him holding his head in confusion and that had just been dealing with the fact that he was far from home and far from being what he remembered as himself. He almost couldn't imagine what Natasha might be feeling with the information he was doing his best to try to give her when asked.

And, as he'd been basically waiting for, the question of what he'd been before if he hadn't been human was finally posed.

"Dragon," he told her. That was another of the words that were a bit easier for him. Even after the alliance between the vikings and those of his kind had been formed, it was still within the terminology. It just had a more positive than negative connotation after all of that.

Why wouldn't they have still used it, after all? The term wasn't wrong. What they'd been was what they'd been, plain and simple. The motivations for their actions had just been misinterpreted and misunderstood until everything had changed.

To him, the answer wasn't strange at all. Dragons were common in his life, after all, instead of just some legends as they, unknown to him, were to many others.

It did, however, occur to him that the answer might bring some alarm. They'd had a bad wrap in the past and he had no way to know how his company might take it. "The humans became friends; my best friend was human. I am no threat." He wasn't a dragon now, anyways. Many of his capabilities hadn't translated; he'd hardly be a threat now simply due to inexperience. Even guessing and his ability to think quickly on his feet didn't quite even out those odds too much, after all.

notes: lmao, seemingly nowhere to be found XD
living life like a sunday stroll
PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 11:42 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

Dragon. Of all the things Natasha could have possibly imagined, 'dragon' wasn't one of them. A dog, maybe; he had that sort of lost puppy quality to him, but a dragon? A mythical creature that didn't even exist?

A mythical creature that didn't even exist in her world she reminded herself. Why was a dog easier to believe than a dragon? Because she had seen them, had touched them, and knew they were real, but a dragon? And yet the news didn't hit her as completely and utterly ridiculous as it would have only months ago.

After fighting off an alien invasion beside a big green monster and a god from another realm... well, strange things became a little easier to believe after that. “A dragon,” she still repeated to herself, stopping to stare at him for a moment. The easier explanation was that this was all a lie, but what gain could come from such a ridiculous story? At this point her best option was to cautiously believe him, no matter how crazy it sounded.

She must have been staring as he pressed on to reassure her he wouldn't hurt her, and honestly she had a hard time believing he would hurt anyone. She had a good instinct about people, and while everyone had their limits, their triggers, she felt like he was safe if she posed no threat herself. “I'm sorry, we just don't have dragons where I'm from, so I was surprised,” she offered, smiling gently. “I haven't changed. This is how I was before the portal.” She wasn't sure why she felt the need to explain that, but he was being open with her, it couldn't hurt to give him the same information.

tag: Toothless location: Greatwood notes:sorry for the wait!

PM
^
Toothless Attaway
 Posted: Oct 4 2016, 11:19 AM
- Adventurers -
Vanish into the night with me, we're racing heartbeats, feel the power arrest me like shadows on concrete, gotta get away, gotta escape from the daylight, I can see the way painted beneath the moon. Hold on for dear life until it's all gone. We'll come alive and set fear on fire, we'll set fear on fire.
Twenty
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

Just as the existence of dragons was a surprise to her, hearing her say that there had been no dragons where she came from was a surprise to him. Then again, he hadn't found anything resembling dragons here yet. No one spoke of great winged creatures that flew through the night and terrorized villagers nor did they speak of such creatures in the way that the vikings Toothless knew had come to speak of them: as companions, as help.

He relaxed a bit at her gentle smile and a smile of his own found his way back onto his features.

Finally, he shook his head to dismiss her apology. "'Sorry' not needed," he said. He motioned for her to follow again. "There is still a bit to go," he said. It would take a while before they would be back into the city.

Time didn't exactly have a lot of meaning to him though. He'd always told the passing of such by the same method that seemed common by most travelling here: the movement of what was above in the sky, whether that be the sun or the night's companions.

It was a bit of a long trek, but, soon enough, he was leading the way into the city, weaving easily through a few in the crowd before stopping and looking back at her. "Welcome to Bowerstone," he said, indicating the the city that spread out ahead of them with a small gesture and a light smile on his features. "This is the Market."

notes: okay, i time-skipped because i think we were kinda running out of things to do with them along the way, but if i need to change anything, lemme know! <3

PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Nov 24 2016, 07:55 AM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

The rest of the trek they made in relative silence. He clearly knew no more about why he was here than she could, and while she was interested in a world where dragons were real and existed, it seemed a little overwhelming right now to discuss it. There were too many other things to think about, like why they were both here, and why he had been changed to a human form. It made no sense to her, to rip someone from their world and bring them to another with no obvious purpose. One would have thought they would be caged, not left to wander freely. And if the purpose was more to remove them from their own worlds than to use them here, then why not do so quicker? If Clint was here, why wait five weeks to take her? Why had she not heard of many others disappearing?

None of it was adding up.

She pondered these things, among many others, as they walked until finally the city of Bowerstone came into view. It wasn't what she expected, but then what was anymore?

Toothless led her into the crowds and she followed closely behind him, never letting him out of her sight while still managing to survey the area and people around them. It was surreal, like a step back in time, a time she only knew from the movies. “Most people, they come here then?” she asked, surveying the stalls selling food, trinkets, clothing and tools.

tag: Toothless location: Greatwood notes:sorry sorry sorry I am a fail

PM
^
Toothless Attaway
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 02:23 PM
- Adventurers -
Twenty
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Adventurer
- occupation -

Toothless nodded to her question, peering around the Market area, taking it all in with big, wide, curious eyes. Even though he had been to Bowerstone before, he had yet to have it all memorized, understandably. It still amazed him to see a town like this, all of the people bustling about their daily lives...

And it was a bit strange not to see dragons everywhere since he'd become so accustomed to such on Berk, but... It had also not always been so, so he also understood. He had yet to hear of dragons at all though, too... Maybe they didn't have them here?

That would be strange.

"The capitol," he said as he looked back towards Natasha. "Bowerstone is the main hub of Albion."

PM
^
Natasha Romanoff
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 12:32 PM
- Bounty-Hunters Admin -
N/A
Twenty-nine
- Age -
Not interested
- relationship status -
Bounty Hunter
- occupation -

So this was the hub of the land, the place most people ended up at one time or another for supplies. It stood to reason that if Clint was anywhere he would be here, or would have at least passed through. She would get the lay of the land first, scope out the right people, and start asking around, though first she should probably do something about her clothing. It was easier to get intel when you blended in.

“The people here... are they used to people like us showing up? Ones that clearly don't belong?” she asked Toothless. Sometimes people were hostile to outsiders, especially if they were very clearly different. If this was not a usual occurrence she should probably try fix her attire and blend in as quickly as possible, but if this was becoming common enough to not instant send up red flags then there was no immediate rush.

She would have to steal clothes, unfortunately, as she had no money to buy any. Then she could worry about how to get a bit of currency for supplies.

tag: Toothless location: Greatwood notes:sorry sorry sorry I am a fail

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon. mini profile by ames of shine. hover descriptions macy @ shine. CUSTOM STATS BY JOEI @ SHINE. CFS Script by Black